The San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center, Inc. founded in 1970, is a private, non-profit agency dedicated to improving the mental health of individuals and families within the community. Primary emphasis is placed on providing services to children, adolescents and transitional age youth with serious emotional disorders, and services for adults and older adults with severe and persistent mental illness. The Center is committed to treating all consumers with dignity and enhancing their quality of life.
Through its programs and services, the San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center, Inc. strives to:
- Facilitate and encourage the development of each consumer to his/her highest level of functioning and potential.
- Provide effective and culturally sensitive therapeutic services based on each consumer’s individualized needs, strengths and choices.
- Maximize the involvement of consumers and family members in planning, evaluation and implementation of services
- Provide a continuum of therapeutic programs that include appropriate alternatives to psychiatric hospitalization and effectively serve consumers in the least restrictive setting possible.
- Provide early intervention programs that serve to prevent the onset of mental illness or the development of more serious mental illness.
- Eliminate negative perceptions and increase awareness and understanding of mental illness.
The Center is quite proud of our achievements. We have received numerous awards from local and state legislators who recognize the outstanding work we do here at the Center. Over 90% of every dollar donated goes directly to programs and services.
We are members of:
Association of Community Human Service Agencies (ACHSA)
United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association
National Council for Community Behavioral Healthcare
We are also certified with the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Our Tax ID number is 95-6194487.