Children, ages 0-21 (or older if still in high school), can be seen in one of three outpatient centers located in Mission Hills, Central Van Nuys, and East Van Nuys. Overall, services are geared toward increasing the adaptive functioning of children in their homes, schools, and communities by providing supportive and individualized intervention, which may include:
- Mental Health Services – assessment, individual/family/group therapy, collateral work with caregivers, and rehabilitation to increase specific skill sets. Clinicians at the three centers are trained in a variety of evidenced-based practices as well as traditional therapeutic approaches.
- Evidence-based practices including: Child/Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Managing and Adapting Practice (MAP), Positive Parenting Program (Triple P), and Seeking Safety.
- Medication Support Services – psychiatric evaluation and ongoing medication management as needed.
- Targeted Case Management – linkage to and collaboration with other public and private agencies, providers, and services.
- Crisis Intervention – immediate intervention to stabilize or ensure linkage to a higher level of care.
Additional services are available at the Mission Hills site, where the treatment team has developed a specialization in Infant Mental Health, focusing upon early developmental screening, assessment, and intervention in order to promote healthy parent-child relationships, the achievement of early developmental milestones, and resiliency for our clients between the ages of birth and five years.