Caring for Kids Child Abuse Treatment program (CHAT) is here to help by providing short-term trauma treatment and related services to children under 18 years of age who have been a victim of a crime.
CHAT provides comprehensive treatment to children in the client’s preferred language, regardless of insurance and documentation status. Services include:
- Intake screening and assessment
- Crisis intervention and stabilization
- Individualized case management
- Evidence-based individual/group therapy sessions
- Referral and linkage to community services
- Advocacy, preparation, and support for children participating in court proceedings, including transportation
- Assistance with application to the California Victims Compensation Program
CHAT has been developed for treatment of minors living in the San Fernando Valley area, but services are available to any eligible minor residing in the County of Los Angeles.
The program accepts referrals from community members, community agencies, any City and/or County Department, CAL-VCP/VOC providers, and representatives from the Victim/Witness Assistance Program Centers.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Appointments may also be scheduled evenings.