Children RRR is a specialty mental health services program provided to Severely Emotionally Disturbed children/youth ages 0-16 and their families.
- Individual and family treatment
- Medication support
- Telephone response 24/7
- Peer counseling, family education, and support
- Linkage with other services in the community
In consultation with the clinical staff, services are provided wherever the family believes the interventions will be most effective. Such places include but are not limited to Children’s RRR offices, the clients’ home, or in the community. Additionally, field-capable services facilitate enhancing family functioning. The practice results in continuity of care and increased community integration.
Admission criteria includes:
- Child/youth must be age 0-16
- Must have Full Scope Medi-Cal
- Must be residents of the San Fernando or Santa Clarita Valley
- Must have serious emotional problems
- Must be experiencing significant difficulty at school, home and/ or in the community,
They may also one or more of the following situations:
- Have a co-occurring disorder (substance abuse, developmental or medical)
- Live in foster care or at risk of placement
- Are involved with or are risk of involvement in the juvenile justice system
- Have experienced trauma
- Have had a recent hospitalization
- Are at risk of suicide.
Funding for this program is provided through the Mental Health Services Act.